November is a month all about gratitude. The big thanks are easy; I’m grateful for the roof over my head, the food in my fridge, the presence of friends, family, and love in my life. In fact I’m grateful just to be alive to experience all the things life offers. I also give thanks for the wonderful community that has been forged over the years at P.S. 144. Thank you, parents, for the time, effort, and money you have donated so our children can experience art, music, social studies, mindfulness, and science. These residencies are programs we can all be grateful for.
Want to know what’s coming up in the weeks ahead? Keep on reading!
• Pie Sale: Yumminess in the form of baked goods delivered to the school just in time for Thanksgiving. Orders are due by Monday, November 9th. Pies (and cakes) will be delivered to your child, or you can pick it up after school. For more information or to order online, go to http://pa144.com/piesale.html.
• The next PA meeting is on Monday, November 16th, at 7pm in the cafeteria. Come and hear what we are up to!
• Thank you to all the families that gave to our Annual Appeal. It is all appreciated and it will all go to the residency programming our children enjoy. If you were unable to give before but would like to do so, there is still time to get your donation in and have it be deductible on your 2015 taxes. You can donate online, use the envelope we provided, or put it a regular envelope addressed to the PA Annual Appeal. Please include your name, address, email address or phone number (for contact purposes if necessary), and your child’s name and class if using a blank envelope.
• Our first Spring Auction meeting will be held in December, date and time TBA. Anyone interested in joining the Auction committee should contact Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 5th Grade will be holding their annual Holiday Boutique sale on Friday, December 4th, during all lunch periods. For sale will be both baked goods and small gifts for family and friends, just in time for the many gift giving holidays this time of year.
• Speaking of holidays, it is almost that time of year where many of us are thinking about buying gifts for our loved ones. You can also give gifts to the PA without spending any extra money. Shop at Amazon Smile and Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase price to your favorite charitable organization (that’s us!). Link on via our website at http://pa144.com/support.html.
• Holiday shopping part III: Coming soon, SCRIP. This program allows you to buy gift cards at face value from many of your favorite retailers to use yourself or give to friends and the PA earns an immediate rebate percentage of what you spend.
• We are pleased to announce that we are now participating in the TD Affinity program which is an easy and simple way to support the PA. Use the Code AG862 to link your current TD account(s) to The Parents Association of PS 144Q. If you don’t have a TD account you can open a new, non-interest checking account and TD Bank will credit your new account $25. TD Bank will make an annual donation based upon the average balance of all linked accounts.
• Backpack News, our school newspaper, is currently looking for a new editor or two to learn the ropes from our current editor-in-chief team who will be leaving the paper at the end of the school year. The paper is full of student writing, artwork, and pictures. We also raise funds by selling advertising space. If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com.
Please note school will be closed Wednesday, November 11th for Veteran’s Day, and Thursday, November 26th and Friday, November 27th for Thanksgiving break. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!