Dear P.S. 144 Families,
It’s September and another school year is now underway. On behalf of the PA Executive Board, allow me to say welcome to both our new and returning families! It’s been great the last few days seeing old friends and making new ones.
While I may be the PA president, you are the PA. Instant membership was granted the moment you registered your child at P.S. 144. So how can you make the most of being a member of this community?
* The easiest way is to get involved! We have many events and programs throughout the year that require volunteers. These different opportunities encompass a broad range of time commitments and skills, allowing everyone to find something that suits them. So look for something that speaks to you and your interests. Help us fundraise and build community in order to enhance the educational and social experiences our children have throughout the school year.
* Visit and explore our website, pa144.com ! That’s where you’ll find information about events, links to shopping fundraisers, the link for buying spirit wear, the faculty list, calendars, minutes and agendas from PA meetings, information about residencies, parent resources, and so much more.
* Sign up for our email list at pa144.com/contact.html. I send out monthly newsletters filled with information like important dates and volunteer needs. During the month, between newsletters and meetings, this is how we will disseminate any new information. If you want to be in the know, this is a must.
* Join our facebook group! We are “The Parents' Association of P.S. 144 Queens.” This is our virtual school yard. It’s also another great place to learn about what is going on from both myself and others in the 144 community. Please note that you will receive a message from one of our administrators when you ask to join. You must reply before they can admit you. Don’t forget to check your “Message Requests” folder. (It’s right next to “Recent.”)
* Attend a PA meeting! This is where we report on everything PA. If you want to learn more, ask questions, find out about volunteer opportunities, and meet fun people working hard for our kids, join us every third Monday of the month at 7pm. The only exceptions are Mondays that the school is closed in which case you will receive advanced notice of the rescheduled date. The first meeting of the 2016-2017 school year will be Monday, September 19, in the auditorium.
I look forward to a fantastic 2016-2017 school year!
President, PA of P.S. 144